Advertise your Arts & Crafts on this site & others for FREE!!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Handy Links to Promote Your Website...

These are super useful links that I've found on the web. All of them allow you to post links to your website or online shop on Etsy, ArtFire or where ever else you are selling your goods. I'm currently writing an article on the importance of linking to your website and all of these are great resources to get your handmade products out there and help increase your page rank. More to come on what that's all about....

FreeCraftyLinks.com - I found this on Craigslist and this is dedicated to art and crafts. Yes, it's free and a great way to promote a website. Also, there are links to all sorts of other craft resources that you may find useful. New stuff is being added all the time and it's a great place to find websites that I never even knew existed! And now for a little techno babble...They recently increased in page rank so this is great for any links that you add to their site.

100CraftLinks.com - Another way to promote your site. Users upload their URL and description to the site. As new links are added, the old ones drop down the list and are eventually removed. You need to resubmit your site every now and then so check back to see where or if you are still listed there.

CraftersBuzz.com - I've actually posted a bunch of my stuff on here and looking at my stats for the website I do get hits from it; over 800 so far. I've never sold anything though, so it's tough to know how effective it is. But on the bright side, a link is a link so good enough! Anything to help raise the rank of the page.

Yaami.com - I just found this. This is a great place to link everything that you have on the web together. For example, I sell on Etsy, have a website KweenBee.com thanks for asking, and this blog. I listed all of my projects together so I'm now easier to find. You can be too! They even have a shout-out box for your Twitter account, plug your items at the top of the page, have a resource section (I posted my bracelet tutorial there!), and a forum for users.

LinkReferral.com - I just signed up for this so I can't be sure about it but in reading other reviews, they suggest that it may work! A quick update for you...within 24 hours of signing up for this I received 6 hits to this blog and made 1 referral. Take that for what you will.

Bidvertiser.com - Make money from your Website or Blog with BidVertiser. This is an alternative to Adsense that you can try.

AddThis.com - Another way to help increase your links and page rank is to offer the AddThis toolbar. At the bottom of each of my posts you see that bar that says "Share" and has three little icons (one being Facebook). This lets people share your site with other social networks. Make sure you have this on yours somewhere. There are many to choose from and are for all types of websites, blogs, etc. There's also a very good how-to section if you need some help in putting it on your site.

TheHandemadeCafe.com - This is a new website but does allow you to post links to your websites. If you are a new member you have access to all the features for 30 days, but after that you have to pay for it. So far, I've posted my sites and classified ads. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment: