Advertise your Arts & Crafts on this site & others for FREE!!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Current Projects

Welcome back to everyone and I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. I certainly did with too much food and lots of family time. Good thing it only comes once a year or my diet would be out the window permanently.

Right now I'm trying to create the tutorial for my sheep slippers. It's been a while since I made a pair so over the holidays I was working on an adult sized pair. They're almost done and will hopefully be posted on Etsy soon. Now that I remember how to make them, I'll take photos of each step of the next pair that I make. Right now I'm not sure if this will be a free tutorial or not. If I do charge for the pattern, it will be for very little; just enough for me to be compensated for my time and effort into creating it. If you have any feelings about it please let me know...

For the time being the posts will be kept to a minimum until I get this done, but I just want to let everyone know that it is coming. Creating these tutorials takes a lot longer than you could ever imagine. Not only is it the length of time to make the item, but you need multiple photos of each stage then you need to describe in detail what you're doing. Sounds like a walk in the park but trust me, it takes DAYS to complete.

On a brighter note, before the Christmas break I took a leap of faith and submitted my bracelet tutorial to Bead & Button! I haven't heard back from them yet so I'm not sure what's going on there. It would be lovely to be published (and even get paid for it) but having it up on my blog for everyone to see and comment on is a rewarding thing too. Anyways, wish me luck and I'll certainly keep everyone posted on the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment